Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yesterday and Today

It's strange how one day can be so horrendously horrible, and the next so peacefully serene.

Yesterday an irritable preschooler pushed my buttons and drove me to the edge -- then over the edge. I did and said things a mother should not.

Today, a rested preschooler mostly said please and thank you; there was even smiling. And I was a mother who said and did the right things.

***********************************************************************************

Since I started blogging, I've found myself floating between several communities. I started out seeking support while traveling the rough road of infertility. But as a secondary IFer, I had other parts of my life to explore. So I began finding other "mommy" bloggers. Once we were blessed to find some success in the IF world, I needed to find others with experience in the multiples world (both spontaneous and assisted). I have been lucky to find a cohort of wonderful women who share so many of my interests and foibles. In the next months I'm not sure exactly what community I will fit best. I hope to continue being part of them all.

And now I have received my first bloggy award. Thank you Slouching Mom!


There are so many supportive special people I've encountered in all these communities. But I'll pick just a few to pass this on to:
JJ
Ms. Planner
Mrs. Chicken
Lori at Weebles Wobblog

7 comments:

Ms. Planner said...

Awww, thanks for the shout out. It is amazing how many *hats* you can wear as a woman. Am so glad to be in your circle of support - and to have you in mine.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

What a nice cap to my day! I've already placed the image on my blog. Thanks so much for including me in such great company!

You're right about how quickly things can turn around 180 degrees. I guess preschoolers are kind of like the weather: if you don't like them, wait 10 minutes :-).

I understand the float. I'm glad you straddle my worlds (except for the multiples part).

XO

Amy said...

Throwing you virtual kisses. Thank you!

*curtsy*

S said...

So glad to see you passing the award on to such wonderful women!

Congratulations, friend.

Magpie said...

It is a nice community, isn't it?

Congratulations.

JJ said...

Awww thanks so much! Right back atcha=)

singletracey said...

I say stay and visit them all. I like having you visit :-) I would be sad if you didn't!