Friday, January 15, 2010

With Gratitude

Thank you for your kind comments. And especially to whomever forwarded me to LFCA, that was very sweet of you to take the time to do that. I'm touched that even after over a year of inactivity that the community still embraced me. It means more than you could know.

I'm hanging in there. Mostly I think I've already moved on. Maybe it is denial, maybe I was just ready. We will see. I've got enough on my plate to keep me distracted, most of the time. But this morning I saw a commercial for March of Dimes work for healthy babies and cringed a bit. We will walk this spring and raise money, as the twins were premature and we believe in this cause. But it wasn't particularly fun to think about this morning.

My symptoms are gone, and it doesn't seem real that there are still remnants of this child inside me. "Products of conception" as the surgical consent form calls it. Surreal.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I hate the term "products of conception." I have heard that a few times over the years with our losses and understand it is a medical term, but it makes it all seem so clinical, when it is far from that to the parents/family who loved and wanted that baby in their lives.

Hope you are holding up okay. One day at a time. I know this really sucks, but you can and will get through this. I am so sorry you have to go through it though.(((HUGS)))

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Hi, Amy.

I'm here.

Ms. Planner said...

Amy, in my limited blog reading these days I had stopped reading this one and moved on to Life in Eden. After your comment this AM, I checked backed in on this blog and was shocked to read your news from this past winter. I am so sorry that you had to go through this. Again. I wish I had known sooner and so sorry I was not there to offer support. Hugs to you from afar.