Friday, May 2, 2008

Domino

I think the dominoes are starting to fall.

We finally got a bid on our house and reached an agreement. Inspection is tonight, and it looks like things may just fall into place. The sight-unseen apartment with the laundry is still listed with the property management company in Santa Monica. Resident Boy will try to see if we can still get it, or he will fly out to Cali in about a week to line up an apartment. We've planned our first big garage sale in two weeks. I need to figure out about the mover issues.

Today I realized -- in 6 weeks I will be moving to California. SIX WEEKS PEOPLE!

And today was a miserable rainy day in which I accomplished NOTHING. Oh well.

There will be packing, re-packing, selling, trashing and all sorts of other things to accomplish. I will need to meet new doctors, get The Snake settled, set up a new house, buy things for the babies.

And I'm glad all those dominoes are going to fall. I can't see what type of picture they make.

************************************************************************************

Sorry, guess you may want a babies update! Had a check-up yesterday at 23 weeks. Weight, good. Blood pressure, good. Pee, good. Heart beats, good. Heartburn started, Tums purchased.

Babies are kicking more regularly the last several days, and harder too. I'm a bit anxious as we approach the 24 week mark and that tenuous cusp of viability. I've been very luck thus far and things seem to be going just fine. There are more and more moments where I believe that we really are going to make it to the end. And then I get nervous that I'm jinxing myself. How incredibly difficult it could be if things go wrong in California, that something could even happen in the brief times I will need to be alone, without DH. I try not to focus on those possibilities, but they must be considered. And then if we do make it to the end, how am I going to manage two newborns, a kindergartner, and a new home all by myself.

One way or another, it will all work out, and we will survive and even thrive.
Right?

15 comments:

christina(apronstrings) said...

you will. you will.

Jen said...

Between a move, the twins and 5 year old it will be a lot to handle. But I suspect you will do just fine. At least things seem to be coming together.

Anonymous said...

I could not imagine moving at 29 weeks pregnant with twins. But I have no doubt that you will pull it off just fine.

singletracey said...

You'll make it and you will survive. So glad everyone is going well.

In 6 weeks you will be in Sunny Ca!!!

Adriane said...

Yay - so glad things are moving along with the big move!!! I don't know how you're mentally handling everything.

Glad your appt went well. The 24 week mark is huge!!! These next few weeks will be crazy for you - wishing you luck (and lots of rest)!

Bee Cee said...

Wow, there's a lot going on, but its all good good good. Glad the house move is coming off and that all is well with the babies.

Geohde said...

Right!

I have high hopes for one of us aving an uncomplicated pregnancy :)

J

Natalie said...

I figure it's like everything else - other people figure it out so you will too. It'll be hard and some days will be shitty, but you'll muddle through and one day get to have some wine and laugh over how glad you are to be done that part:-)

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly for you.

I wish I knew how to play dominoes -- I'd come up with an appropriate winning analogy. How do you win at dominoes?

To me it's just pizza. For the hordes of people who help you move.

Aurelia said...

It will all work out just fine.

By the way, now that you are close, are you going to get the steroid shots for the babies lungs? Just in case...they are a nice insurance policy, especially with twins who are more likely to be slightly premature than singletons?

Ask your Doc, see what he says?

Dr. Grumbles said...

Such a busy time - hope you get through it just fine!

Ms. Planner said...

If I could still fly, I would so come help you with your garage sale.

This is a lot on your plate, but I have every bit of confidence that you will handle it just fine.

Rebecca said...

Everything will be fine...I still give you all the credit in the world. I don't know how you're doing it...you must be Supermom!!!

Nadine said...

That's great about the house, it's always so hard selling and moving. Good luck.

stickybun07 said...

I hope everthing is going well and that, amidst all the chaos, you're taking good care of you! Best of luck w/ the move...and let us know how you're doing. :-)